Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#92108 - 03/02/06 12:29 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Songman55:
Awesome Donny! I love Michael Buble's version and you're really sounding great. My idea of heaven includes a nice slow Bossa.
Ciao,
Joe

Last night, channel surfing during an 'American Idol' commercial, I caught a Michael Buble concert being aired during a PBS fund raiser .... This guy is a TALENTED vocalist (but as my wife said "don't ask him to dance" ) ... I wanted to finish watching 'Idol" so I taped Buble and watched it later ... a really good show ... And what really impressed me was how YOUNG the members of his big band are ... it was great to see such young, excellent, talent ...
t.

#92109 - 03/02/06 12:36 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Dnj Offline

http://www.michaelbuble.com/

Tony, what I like about him is that he takes chances and completly gives a familiar song a new flavor & arrangement which is soooo nice to the ears....did you hear him do "SWAY" I love the "Stop Dead" Ending part....very kool
glad you enjoyed the show.

#92110 - 03/02/06 12:43 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny: Nice 'Buble style' vocal rendition of Quando Quando Quando. For comparison, here's an audio clip of the original Michael Buble version:

Michael Buble: Quando Quando Quando

The only thing missing is Nelly Furtado

- Scott

#92111 - 03/02/06 12:54 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hahahah.... I said a "Taste"
I hope to hear some of the other members music soon also.........thats why we're here right? we TALK about Arranger KB music, but we also LISTEN & LEARN from each other too..........thanx for the listen.

Dnj ... I agree with you and am all for posting our efforts ... There's a TON of stuff I have saved and listenedto from this board ...but I find it VERY interesting that different things happen when someone posts a song:
1) there is little or no reaction or feedback...(this often depends on who posts the song) ... this can be quite frustratiing to the poster ... even if a listener wants to give 'constructive criticism' but doesn't want to do it on the forum, most folks here show their e-mail add's so a 'private' review can be made ...

2) feedback is given, sometimes in a coarse manner, and even if the 'performer' isn't upset by it, some third party gets upset and voices his/her 'criticism of the critic' and a war of words breaks out ...

3) people compliment the performer, even if it might not be warranted, which doesn't help if the performer is looking for some 'guidance'...

Now I am NOT one to want to see people's efforts torn apart, and their feelings shattered, in public ... so I would suggest a 'private' e-mail to the person if you have some criticism ... Lord knows I have posted some stuff here that wasn't up to the level of some of you others, and I rec'd some private e-mails that helped ...

However, if I post something and ask for your comments, I REALLY want to hear them, and if they are posted here, then fine, I asked for it ... BUT ... that doesn't mean we shouldn't be civil about it ... (careful, I'm BIG, but I bruise easily )

So, I guess with all this verbiage, I am saying "c'mon, girls and guys, post your efforts, and to the rest of us, have the courtesy to acknowledge them, and if we have some criticism, BE CIVIL, OR BE PRIVATE !!!"
keep makin' beautiful music, and let us share it ... remember, beauty is in the EAR of the beholder ...

t.

#92112 - 03/02/06 12:58 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
tony mads usa Offline

Scott : NELLY !!!
t.

#92113 - 03/02/06 02:28 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
errrr . . . Whoa Nelly!

A couple of Vancouverites, Michael and Nelly.

I wonder if Shboom has run into them, he's from that neck o' the woods.

#92114 - 03/02/06 03:51 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Smooth Donny.....very smooth!

As Eddie says though, finished far too soon for my liking!

Don't know how you are recording lately but your stuff is getting better and better, crystal clear and really 'warm'. I like it!

The MidJay and you seem to really fit well together. Can't wait to hear the full version.
Best wishes
Tony

#92115 - 03/03/06 12:36 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
with my own litle secret recipe played & mixed in here & there

Com-on Donny, no secrets amoung friends.

I'm here in the land of sunshine (Fla) with limited access, like no audio... can't hear anything, so take your time.

#92116 - 03/03/06 02:45 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi donny,
sounds great, I really luv your version.
The backing is brilliant.

I'm really intrigued.

You mentioned it's a smf, I tend to automatically think commercial midifile when the word smf is mentioned, but it's not is it ?

Is the basic backing actually a keyboard style recorded as a midifile, to which you're adding additional tracks like maybe the strings & brass?? for that extra realism.

I'm only waffling, but it's always great to pick up tips on how to improve one's own music from pro's.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#92117 - 03/03/06 03:43 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Dnj Offline

Rikki....
I sometimes use a smf as a foundation..... other times I will play totaly live on some songs using a style file, change instruments & delete tracks, then play my own additional tracks, solos, to give it my own flair, & beef up the overall sound, followed by my vocals, then add efx, tweaking, editing, and mastering before its finished to my liking. I could of went into a studio but I wanted to do this project totaly on the Midjay to see what turns up, so far so good & more to follow in the coming months.
Each project song is processed totaly different....I'm hoping to add a female artist to the mix on this one also.

Rikki you have one of the Best Units on the market in the KETRON SD-1....make some beautiful music & share it with us also....Good Luck!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online